Wednesday 6 April 2016

Finally line of Inquiry has been decided!


I have changed my line of inquiry numerous times – it has been one of the hardest decisions I have needed to make on this course. I have spent hours upon hours researching, making notes, finding literature, only to conclude it’s not what I want to explore further.



For the last two years, I have been working in a Primary School trying to figure out what I wanted to do in the future. I love working in a school but it has certainly opened my eyes to the negative aspects associated with teaching in the current climate where the focus is so heavily influenced by testing.

Performing has and always will be my major passion. I have taught drama on Saturdays for the last few years and enjoyed every second of it. I love setting out on a project, nurturing it, watching it blossom and bringing it altogether for the final result. I have pondered long and hard and concluded I would have more job satisfaction from drama teaching so this is now the route I intend to follow.

Consequently, I decided I will focus on the transition from a performer to a drama teacher.  I want to explore the steps that need to be taken to prepare myself and others for teacher training. I want to find out which, if any, of my existing skills are transferable and what I still have to learn.

1 comment: