Friday 15 April 2016

Development of inquiry questions


After chatting with my SIG I chose to link together some of my questions because I felt that there was an element of overlapping and the answers provided addressed more than one question. Consequently the revised questions are:

·         Is there a difference between teaching an academic subject and an arts subject? Please clarify your answer?

·         What skills are needed to become a good teacher? Are there any skills that a performer may possess that are transferable?

·         If recruiting a drama teacher, would you prefer to hire an ex performer with no teaching qualifications or a teacher with a degree but no performing experience?

·         Do performers go into teaching as a last resort or because they have a passion for it?

·         Do you think that performers should give up performing when they become teaching? Do you think it should be kept separate from their practice?


Any help will always be appreciated! Let me know if you think of anything I have missed that you feel may be of benefit.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zoe, I was a performer and am now a drama teacher. Would be happy to help if you have any questions :-)

    ReplyDelete