Sunday 8 May 2016

Task 4D - Literature 2


The second piece of literature I found was an article published in the Guardian. It dates back in 2012, however I still feel it is relevant to my inquiry.

Some questions that have arisen whilst developing my inquiry have been, “Do performers go into teaching as a last resort or because they have a passion for it?” “What makes a good teacher?” Having discussed this point with a few of my colleagues it has become apparent that passion for your subject or teaching is essential to make your lessons both enjoyable and engaging.

I found this article extremely interesting as I felt it touched on some important issues I wish to explore further in my inquiry. She states, “For me, it's the passion for your subject and interest in the success of your students that matters more than how all the acronyms add up. This is what will make you a good teacher. There's still room for individuals but you have to have the confidence and passion for your subject to make it work.” I completely agree with this statement as I believe that the love for what you are doing will bring the subject to life.

Later in the article, the writer states that many people drop out of teaching after only a few years due to the high workload and demands upon them. The article concludes by providing some words of advice to anyone wishing to pursue a career in teaching.



http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2012/aug/12/why-i-became-a-teacher

1 comment: